$ Staff Competencies: How to Develop and Implement a Framework in Your Library (Infopeople)
The most important resource in a library is not the building, the books or the technology. In fact, staff are a libraries most important resource! With a solid framework of competencies you can help ensure that you are hiring, developing, and promoting the right staff into the right positions within your library.
We don't often talk about competencies, but did you know that...
- They help articulate the behaviors, knowledge, skills, and abilities that staff need in order to be effective in their roles at the library?
- They provide a link between the library's organizational objectives or priorities and staff?
- They can be useful throughout a staff person's tenure at the library, from recruitment to hiring to performance reviews to training and development to retention planning?
- And finally, competencies are not only focused on today; they also help a library be prepared for the future?
For more information and to register, go to https://infopeople.org/civicrm/event/info?id=848&reset=1.
- Tuesday, June 25, 2019
- All Day Event
- Online - At Your Computer