We Know Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion are Important… Now What? (Infopeople)
- Are you aware of the basics of equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI), but unsure of how to move forward with staff training in your organization?
- Do you need to convince anyone that EDI in the library is important?
- Are you looking for training and promotion ideas?
It seems like everyone is talking about equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI), but what does it really mean to put these values into practice at your library? In this webinar, the presenters will a provide a “starter kit” for EDI training in libraries. They will cover topics such as staff and management buy-in, low-cost training, and how to meaningfully engage staff in an effort to create a workplace culture that is affirming, representative, and inclusive. Additionally, attendees will learn to develop their own practical, useful, and actionable plan for implementing EDI staff learning in their own library.
For more information and to register, go to https://infopeople.org/civicrm/event/info?id=809&reset=1.
- Thursday, December 13, 2018
- 3:00pm - 4:00pm
- Online - At Your Computer