$ Serving People with Mental Health Challenges at Your Library (Infopeople)
- Are you sometimes frustrated by your interactions with customers you suspect have a mental illness?
- Would you like to provide meaningful library resources and services to those who might slip through the cracks of the mental health system?
- Do you wish you knew more about mental illnesses so that you could improve your interactions with those who may be living with them?
In this timely course, the instructor will share a practical, compassionate and understanding approach to the delivery of library services to patrons who have a mental illness. You will gain the information and tools you need to better understand mental illnesses. You will also have the chance to look at examples of the challenges faced by libraries and their patrons, and learn from the exemplary approach some libraries are taking as they seek to meet the challenges.
This course will also explore…
- Policies that are relevant for libraries serving people with mental illnesses
- Community connections and resources that can help
- De-escalating crisis situations
- Balancing the needs of all patrons and communicating effectively when there are conflicts
You'll leave this course with a better understanding of mental illness and the confidence to provide understanding and meaningful services and resources to people who have a mental illness.
For more information and to register, go to https://infopeople.org/civicrm/event/info?id=788&reset=1
- Tuesday, October 16, 2018
- All Day Event
- Online - At Your Computer