$ Getting Started with Community Needs Assessments (Infopeople)
- Would you like to collect information about your community that will better inform the decisions and plans you make in your library?
- Do you want to learn to use a variety of methods to identify the needs, strengths, and aspirations of the people living in your community?
- Are you ready to foster a participatory approach to data gathering and decision making?
In this practical course, learners will be introduced to a systematic process and a variety of methods for assessing needs. Sources for finding existing data about your community will be highlighted. Strategies for conducting surveys, focus groups, and other data gathering methods will be covered. Best practices for sharing and using gathered data will be reviewed, including examples and case studies from the field. Learners in the course will gain the ability to inform their intuition about their communities with evidence.
For more information and to register, go to https://infopeople.org/civicrm/event/info?id=782&reset=1
- Tuesday, September 18, 2018
- All Day Event
- Online - At Your Computer