$ Community Engagement: Building Connections with Technology (Infopeople)
- Do you want to engage with your community in meaningful ways?
- Would you like to realize our power as storytellers and community shifters?
- Are you interested in using technology to connect in innovative ways?
Community engagement requires recognizing our power as storytellers and community shifters. And with ever-increasing numbers of people going online for news and information, libraries have opportunities to reach and connect with their communities. Using readily accessible equipment such as a smart phone and free or low-cost software, libraries can develop powerful connections with their community by facilitating the sharing of community stories. You can record and upload videos of local businesses, organizations, and community members. You can interview individuals in an ongoing podcast series. You could also virtually share community conversations and events with a wider audience. The skills developed in this course will help you build stronger community relationships, which can lead to meaningful conversations and partnerships.
For more information and to register, go to https://infopeople.org/civicrm/event/info?id=785&reset=1.
- Tuesday, September 25, 2018
- All Day Event
- Online - At Your Computer