$ Children's Services Fundamentals (Infopeople)
Does your work in the library include service to children and their families? Do you want to do a better job in providing homework assistance, readers’ advisory, tours of your library, or family programs?
Expert children’s librarian and author Penny Peck will help you to acquire the knowledge and skills to be more comfortable and confident about providing fundamental children’s services. As a result of the course you will be able to:
- Conduct a reference interview to match grade-appropriate resources with a child’s information need
- Determine children’s reading interests, including those of reluctant readers, and find books to meet those interests
- Plan entertaining programs that attract families to the library
- Promote books and reading through programs and library tours
Whether you are new or not-so-new to children’s services, you’ll come away with resources, best practices, and useful tips and techniques that can be applied immediately in your library.
For more information and to register, go to https://infopeople.org/civicrm/event/info?id=784&reset=1.
- Tuesday, September 11, 2018
- All Day Event
- Online - At Your Computer