Transformative Representation: Strategies for Improving Recruitment and Retention of BIPOC Library Workers
Transformative Representation: Strategies for Improving Recruitment and Retention of BIPOC Library Workers In-Person
We are excited to present an insightful panel discussion on the strategies to improve the recruitment and retention of BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color) library workers. This event brings together a dynamic panel of experts, each offering a unique perspective on this vital topic. Two public library managers, well-versed in recruitment and retention strategies, will share their hands-on experiences and successful practices. Complementing this expertise, two faculty members from regional universities will unveil illuminating findings from their current national study on this vital topic.
- Uncover the latest findings from a national study on BIPOC library workforce trends.
- Gain practical strategies for enhancing recruitment efforts to attract a diverse pool of candidates.
- Explore successful retention initiatives that have strengthened BIPOC representation in libraries.
- Learn how to foster inclusive work environments that support the professional growth of BIPOC staff.
- Engage in a dynamic Q&A session to exchange ideas with the panelists.
Don't miss this illuminating discussion where practical expertise and rigorous research intersect, promising actionable solutions to one of the most pressing issues facing libraries today.
This webinar is part of the NC LIVE DEIA Learning Series happening throughout the month of November.
Dr. Kawanna Bright, Assistant Professor in the School of Library & Information Science at East Carolina University
Dr. Mónica Colón-Aguirre, Assistant Professor in the School of Library & Information Science at the University of South Carolina
Christina Settle, Senior Manager of Staffing & Operations at Wake County Public Libraries
Jessica Parter, Branch Manager at Cumberland County Public Library
- Monday, November 6, 2023
- 3:00pm - 4:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- Online - At Your Computer
If you have questions or encounter any issues registering for or attending an NC LIVE webinar or event, please contact the NC LIVE Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-513-0451.