$ Staying on Top of Technology Trends (Infopeople)
These days, libraries are all about change — especially technology changes. Are you successfully navigating the rapids of technology trends or struggling in white water?
During this course you will see how technology trends affect libraries in general and your library specifically. You’ll look at innovation cycles in consumer technology and how they influence your library and your community. As you learn how to move from trend to task, you’ll be able to envision how trends can be implemented in a library setting, as well as how to improve on existing technology.
With the instructor and your colleagues, you will explore:
- Whether technologies are emerging or submerging
- Plans to incorporate a new technology
- Process reviews to improve existing technology
- Five key technology trends affecting libraries right now
- How to follow and filter trend watchers and trend setters— inside and outside the library world
As a result, you’ll be able to build your own personal strategies for staying on top of technology trends and feel better prepared for technology changes now and in the future.
For more information and to register, go to https://infopeople.org/civicrm/event/info?id=755&reset=1