$ Getting Started with Sensory Storytimes (Infopeople)
- Would you like to create a sensory storytime but don't know where to begin?
- Do you want to understand more about sensory storytimes and how they differ from (and are the same as) other storytimes?
- Could you benefit from experience and guidance as you develop a step-by-step plan for delivering sensory storytimes that make sense for the needs of the individuals served by your library or organization?
Join experienced Youth Services Librarian Laura Baldassari-Hackstaff and learn how to develop and sustain a successful sensory storytime. Whether you are considering a separate storytime or adapting your traditional storytime to be more inclusive, sensory storytime is not just a storytime with a different audience. It has unique elements that resonate with children and young adults with special needs and their families. This course will help you understand in a detailed way what these unique characteristics are. Drawing from her own and others' years of experience, the instructor will help you will learn how to choose effective storytime materials, write engaging storytime plans, and sustain an ongoing program. At the completion of this course, learners will be fully prepared to begin their sensory storytime program with the information and resources they need.
For more information and to register, go to: https://infopeople.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=727
- Tuesday, December 5, 2017
- All Day Event
- Online - At Your Computer