Session 1 of 2
Who are trans people in NC? How do trans people interact with libraries?
Thursday, January 11 10:30 a.m.- 11:30 a.m. - online
This session will cover:
○ Introduction to transgender and non-binary identities
○ Experiences of transgender patrons in libraries
○ Strategies for welcoming trans patrons, including inclusion statements, registration forms, customer service protocols, restrooms, reference referrals
Session Learning Objectives:
● Establish a baseline understanding of transgender and non-binary identities including lived experience within North Carolina
● Understand the limitations of classification and cataloging for patrons who may be searching for content related to transgender people
● Take away resources and techniques to offer trans patrons an even more welcoming library experience
Thursday, January 11, 2018
10:30am - 11:30am
Online - At Your Computer
Public Services, State Library of North Carolina, Webinar
Registration has closed.