$ Serving People with Mental Health Challenges at Your Library (Infopeople)
- Are you sometimes frustrated by your interactions with customers you suspect have a mental illness?
- Would you like to provide meaningful library resources and services to those who might slip through the cracks of the mental health system?
- Do you wish you knew more about mental illnesses so that you could improve your interactions with those who may be living with them?
In this timely course, the instructor will share a practical, compassionate and understanding approach to the delivery of library services to patrons who have a mental illness. You will gain the information and tools you need to better understand mental illnesses. You will also have the chance to look at examples of the challenges faced by libraries and their patrons, and learn from the exemplary approach some libraries are taking as they seek to meet the challenges.
For more information, and to register, go to: https://infopeople.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=722
- Tuesday, November 7, 2017
- All Day Event
- Online - At Your Computer