Join us to learn how to intentionally evaluate and gather data about library services and programs, how to find community and demographic data, learn tips for visualizing data and techniques for communicating your library's stories. This workshop is highly participatory so come prepared to learn and discuss!
- Robert Burgin (Consultant): Planning an Evaluation
- Beth Hayden (State Library of NC): Demographic Data
- John Raynor (High Point Public Library): Finding Market Segmentation Data
- Megan Wanucha (ECU Library): Visualizing Data
- Brian Sturm (UNC-CH): Using Storytelling Techniques for Communicating Data
- Amanda Johnson (State Library of NC): Workshop Host
This workshop is FREE to participants and some travel costs will be reimbursed by the State Library of NC including hotel costs for Nov. 16 and most meals. Mileage will NOT be reimbursed. A limited number of hotel rooms are available for Nov. 15 for participants who travel over 150 miles. These rooms will be assigned on a first come first serve basis.
Workshop Location: Holiday Inn North - 2805 Highwoods Blvd, Raleigh, NC 27604, Raleigh, NC
NOTE: registration for Nov. 16 will automatically register you for day two of this event on Nov. 17.
Due to limited space, registration is limited to two staff members per library until Oct. 27. If space is available after 10/27, additional staff from the same library may attend.