Would you like to add new tabletop or board games to your collection? Increase usage for games your library already owns? This course will introduce learners to a new way of approaching the use of games in the library using a 21st Century Skills framework. Join instructor Lauren Hays to learn how you can use games in your library to foster skills such as creativity, communication, critical thinking, and collaboration, vital to every library users needs.
In this 2-week course you will learn to:
- Classify tabletop games by 21st Century Skills
- Identify games that are appropriate for your patron population
- Select tabletop games for your library collection
- Create a list of possible library events that use tabletop games
- Develop a library program that uses tabletop games
Learners will leave the course with a plan for how to utilize games in programming and outreach.
For more information and to register, go to: https://infopeople.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=717