$ Graphic Design for Library Staff (Infopeople)
- Do you need to create professional-looking posters, flyers, signs, bulletin boards, displays or brochures for your library?
- Would you like to create appealing graphics to share on websites or use in book trailers?
- Are you ready to develop a deeper understanding of visuals, including fundamental elements of composition and principles of design?
Library staff are often asked to communicate visually, yet many have never received formal training in graphic design. In this course, learners will gain practical skills and a deeper understanding of design principles, such as white and negative space. Discover software design tools and resources for images and fonts, and then use these tools and resources to create posters, flyers, and more. This class will provide you with the rules and tools for making design challenges not only possible, but fun.
Course Description: This four-week online course will utilize readings, examples, and supplementary resources to help you learn graphic design basics. You will be able to apply the concepts and techniques immediately creating projects for your own library and community. As part of the course, you will be encouraged to ask questions and participate in discussions with others.
For more information, and to register, go to: https://infopeople.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=718
- Tuesday, October 10, 2017
- All Day Event
- Online - At Your Computer