$ Introduction to Library Management (Infopeople)
Have you recently moved to a management position or are you considering a career path in library management? Do you want to determine your potential as a manager or improve your ability to be a successful manager? How strong are your management skills and what can you do to strengthen them or acquire additional skills? This course, which is targeted at first time managers and supervisors, will help you understand the role and responsibilities of the manager. It will also help you understand what changes when you become a manager and how to be the best manager you can be!
In this course, you’ll learn:
- What it means to be a manager – the roles and responsibilities
- How to get off to a great start and achieve early wins
- How to identify and build your personal strengths as a manager
- The knowledge, skills and abilities managers need to be successful, including delegation, communication, motivation, coaching, counseling and discipline
- Successful techniques to manage people and resources and pitfalls to avoid
- Effective decision-making and problem-solving
- How to use conflict to your advantage
- How to attract, develop and retain talent
- How to create a plan for your own managerial development
- Trendwatching for managers
The intended audience for this course is first time managers and supervisors and any library staff considering moving into a management position. During this course you will assess your strengths as a library manager and identify areas and opportunities for personal growth. You will receive practical advice and tips, including classic pitfalls to avoid, to ensure your continuing success as a library manager.