$ Telling the Library Story with Data (Infopeople)
- Do you want to demonstrate the impact of your organization?
- Would you like to take library data and turn it into a story that resonates with stakeholders?
- Are you interested in designing effective data visualizations, including charts and infographics?
Join instructor Linda Hofschire and learn to turn data into something meaningful. During the 4 weeks of this course, you will learn how to tell your library's story with data, including how to:
- Craft a story about your organization that is supported by data and anecdotes
- Classify your library's data as inputs, outputs, or outcomes
- Explain why data-based stories can effectively demonstrate the impact of your library
- Design visual presentations of data
- Describe numbers in accessible and meaningful ways
Course Description: This four-week online course will utilize readings, examples, and supplementary resources to help you understand how you can use data based stories to effectively demonstrate the impact of your library. You will be able to apply the concepts and techniques immediately in your own library and community. As part of the course, you will be encouraged to ask questions and participate in discussions with others.
- Tuesday, August 22, 2017
- All Day Event
- Online - At Your Computer